Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 02 Oct 2024, 18:25

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Dragon Age: Origins
PostPosted: 06 Nov 2009, 05:26 

For those that got, I have read that the combat is Final Fantasy Xii-ish. How accurate a statement is that?

Nah... people only say that because of the way you can program the AI. It really is Baldur's Gate with some WoW influence.

Amazing game, I am SO glad I got it. It's a PC game through and through as well. I hope every fan of old CRPGs buys the game at full price to support it and show PC games developed for the PC first with a classic style are still desired and profitable.

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2009, 06:20 

Yeah, you can create "tactics" so your mates know what to do but tbh, you really can't win unless you play it manually like NWN etc. Not even in the beginning of the game. I've died quite a few times because I thought I could just charge in and play it out real-time. BIG mistake. This is apparently a viable strategy on the console versions though, as it's a walk in the park I hear, comparatively. Even Normal has been tearing me a new one (PC version).

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2009, 12:23 
Editors
Editors

My order was delayed, so hopefully it'll arrive today.

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2009, 14:31 

Amazing game, I am SO glad I got it. It's a PC game through and through as well. I hope every fan of old CRPGs buys the game at full price to support it and show PC games developed for the PC first with a classic style are still desired and profitable.

Definitely!

Just as long as you can't kill vampires at Level 1 with a Rusty Sword. :wink:

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2009, 15:57 

Ah to play a game that has some affinity to Baldur's Gate, now that would be nice (having just replayed it about 4 months ago with tons of mods!). Guess I have to get this game soon.

"I sense something, a presence I've not felt since......."

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2009, 16:02 

For instance, Oblivion had a locked door in the main game that can only be unlocked with DLC. That is a lot worse to me than day-one content...

How about NPC's that will tell you to buy the DLC before they actively talk to you?

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2009, 22:31 

[quote]For instance, Oblivion had a locked door in the main game that can only be unlocked with DLC. That is a lot worse to me than day-one content...

How about NPC's that will tell you to buy the DLC before they actively talk to you?

That would be horrid.

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2009, 22:35 

I need clarification here.

Are we talking like but this DLC and you can go to the Isle of Who Gives a Shit DLC?

Or are we talking like buy this DLC and my large-breasted, elven self will become your follower and you can remove my clothes and see the goods DLC?

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2009, 23:39 
Insiders
Insiders

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2009, 23:50 

I need clarification here.

Are we talking like but this DLC and you can go to the Isle of Who Gives a Shit DLC?

Or are we talking like buy this DLC and my large-breasted, elven self will become your follower and you can remove my clothes and see the goods DLC?

From what I'm hearing its more like 'buy this DLC and then i'll let you do this sidequest'.

Edit: Looks like Penny Arcade got here first. Thanks Mobster. ^^

That would be horrid.

Still don't mind 0day DLC?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19  Next