Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Oct 2024, 23:40

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: 17 Dec 2009, 20:42 

Catalst 9.12 has been posted - this add support for OpenGL 3.2 on our DX10.1+ products. Grab it here:

http://www.amd.com

However, also posted is Catalyst 9.12 Hotfix (non-WHQL) - included is a little holiday bonus for WSGF'ers - Eyefinity an Crossfire! This also fixes the enlarged cursor bug.

Grab em here:

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/ATICatalyst912Hotfix.aspx

Note - Crossfire X support at this time is at the early stages of implementation. We will be further validating and testing it and providing performance improvements in coming drver releases.

-----------------
Release notes:

ATI Catalyst™ support for DirectCompute 10.1[list][*]This release of ATI Catalyst™ provides full support for DirectCompute 10.1 for the ATI Radeon™ HD 4800 Series, ATI Radeon™ HD 4700 Series for both single card and ATI CrossFireX™ supported configurations.[/*:m][/list:u]

http://www.amd.com

OpenGL 3.2 extension support[list][*]This release of ATI Catalyst™ provides support for OpenGL 3.2 extension support on the ATI Radeon™ HD 5800 Series, ATI Radeon™ HD 5700 Series, ATI Radeon™ HD 4000 Series, ATI Radeon™ HD 3000 Series and ATI Radeon™ HD 2000 Series. The following is a list of OpenGL™ 3.2 features and extensions added in ATI Catalyst™ 9.12: [list][*]Support for OpenGL Shading Language 1.50. [/*:m]
[*]BGRA vertex component ordering (GL_ARB_vertex_array_bgra).[/*:m]
[*]Drawing commands allowing modification of the base vertex index (GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex). [/*:m]
[*]Shader fragment coordinate convention control (GL_ARB_fragment_coord_conventions).[/*:m]
[*]Provoking vertex control (GL_ARB_provoking_vertex).[/*:m]
[*]Seamless cube map filtering (GL_ARB_seamless_cube_map).[/*:m]
[*]Multisampled textures and texture samplers for specific sample locations (GL_ARB_texture_multisample).[/*:m]
[*]Fragment depth clamping (GL_ARB_depth_clamp). [/*:m]
[*]Geometry shaders (GL_ARB_geometry_shader4).[/*:m]
[*]Fence sync objects (GL_ARB_sync).[/*:m]
[*]Transform_feedback2[/*:m]
[*]texture_cubemap_array[/*:m][/list:u][/*:m][/list:u]

We’ve also made the ATI Catalyst™ 9.12 hotfix driver available (a little later) today as well – there were some last minute fixes, plus a few more features we wanted to get out there as soon as we could!!

Grab it now at: http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/ATICatalyst912Hotfix.aspx

Highlights of the ATI Catalyst™ 9.12 hotfix release include:

Support for the OpenCL™ GPU component of the ATI Stream SDK v2.0
[list][*]The ATI Catalyst™ 9.12 hotfix release provides full support for GPU acceleration of OpenCL when used in conjunction with the ATI Stream SDK v2.0. This feature is supported on the ATI Radeon™ HD 5970 Series, ATI Radeon™ HD 5800 Series, ATI Radeon™ HD 5700 Series, ATI Radeon™ HD 4000 Series and the AMD FireStream™ 9200 Series of products. For more information about ATI Stream technology and OpenCL, please visit http://www.amd.com/stream. [/*:m][/list:u]

Support for ATI CrossFireX™ on Eyefinity configurations[list][*]The ATI Catalyst™ 9.12 hotfix release provides ATI CrossFireX™ support on Eyefinity configurations, allowing users to take advantage of their additional GPUs for increased gaming performance when driving high resolution Eyefinity display groups[/*:m]
[*]Supported on the ATI Radeon™ HD 5970 Series, ATI Radeon™ HD 5800 Series, and ATI Radeon™ HD 5700 Series[/*:m][/list:u]

Support for DisplayPort audio[list][*]The ATI Catalyst™ 9.12 hotfix release adds support for DisplayPort audio for DisplayPort panels[/*:m][/list:u]

Fixes for the following issues:[list][*]Resident Evil 5 – Performance drop during the opening cinematic[/*:m]
[*]Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 – Performance drop observed with a supported ATI CrossFireX™ configuration when using the thermal scope[/*:m]
[*]Wheelman – Game freezes while loading the game menu[/*:m]
[*]Flashing in various OpenGL titles – City of Heroes, Enemy Territories: Quake Wars, Riddick[/*:m]
[*]Heaven benchmark (DirectX 9 mode) – Grass flickers and white boarders observed around the edges[/*:m]
[*]ATI Radeon™ HD 5970 Series, ATI Radeon™ HD 5800 Series, and ATI Radeon™ HD 5700 Series – issue with HDMI: DTS-HD and Dolby True-HD not working properly with certain receivers.[/*:m]
[*]The desktop mouse cursor becomes enlarged at random when using Windows 7[/*:m][/list:u]

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2009, 20:55 

Excellent news.

Now if someone wants to give me a 2nd 5870 and a new power supply for x-mas, I'll be all set :)

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2009, 21:03 
Editors
Editors

Thank you for early christmas present :D

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2009, 21:27 

NICENESS!

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2009, 23:07 

Wow, that sounds awesome! To bad I still need my first 5870 in order to crossfire... :doh

"I sense something, a presence I've not felt since......."

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2009, 02:51 

Cool! Thank You for delivering Crossfire way earlier than promised!

I am extremely interested to see if adding my 2nd 5870 will obviate the need for a lower resolution than 5760x1200.

I'll be sure to post some results later tonight if at all possible.

Thanks again.

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2009, 03:00 

The desktop mouse cursor becomes enlarged at random when using Windows 7

Sweet! Right now my mouse is extra large on both side monitors and regular sized on the middle one. It'll be nice to have that fixed.

Now that there is support for Crossfire I'll have to think about getting another 5850...

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2009, 03:17 
Insiders
Insiders

Link now works and all installed here. Still get the weird flickering across the outer 2 screens (1x DVI and 1 x mini-DP to DVI or VGA) whenever a new window or tab opens or shuts etc as soon as I play with the default freqs, whether up or down :(

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2009, 03:21 

Thanks for fixing my cursor

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2009, 04:25 

Guess I need some help:

#1-- 9.12, then applied the hotfix.
I'm not getting any kind of confirmation that Crossfire is working in Eyefinity.
On the Crossfire tab, under "Diagnostics", it shows:
Only one GPU is listed (at the top in the drop-down box) then lists all three monitors. I think this is how it looked with the 9.10 drivers.

#2-- Even before this hotfix, on the Crossfire "Diagonistics" page, I've never seen any info in the box just above the "Identify GPU" button. The box is labeled, "The following information indicates the status of your setup" - No info???

But on the Information Center tab, "Graphics Hardware", everything looks fine.
It shows both "Primary Adapter" and "Linked Adapter" just fine???
And when I uncheck the "Enable Crossfire" checkbox, the "Linked Adapter" becomes "Disabled Adapter". So that seems ok.
Once again, this is how it was with the 9.10 drivers.

What am I doing wrong???
Thanks for the help.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next