Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 21 Sep 2024, 12:25

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 372 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 38  Next
PostPosted: 30 Mar 2010, 09:10 

:) OK, If you already got your age2_x1_1920x1200.exe => renamed to age2_x1.exe work, you almost get it. Now, as you start your computer, before anything else you do, just run my color FIX app., set it up as you wish and press START/APPLY (do not forget to do that).

Now try your game again as you did yesterday. Just run your "age2_x1.exe" from Age2_x1 folder or simply run GameRanger and use it as usual. My app. automaticaly will recognize that AOC has started and will suspend explorer.

!!!!! Do not forget for color FIX explorer suspend DELAY time. Remember, that you have to start/enter to the game "battlefield" :) 10 sec. (by defaul, depends on your delay set) after your AOC game has started. This is important to have fixed colors!!! Please, for more informations refer to included "read_me_first.txt ".

Now, everything should work ok.

P.S.: Be shure that "process.exe" file included in color FIX app. .zip file is presented in the same folder, as AOE II TC W7 color FIX.exe is!!! (As you downloaded it)!!!
P.S.2: My color FIX application has nothing to do with age2wide patch in fact. If you run any process named to "age2_x1.exe" (for example renamed notepad or calculator), color FIX app. will suspend the explorer until you finish it!

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2010, 17:15 

Just replying to say thanks, awesome mod for this game, really improves the field of view and it looks beautiful at 1920x1080

Are there any commands to run this in a full-sized window? (Not full screen just like a maximized window)?

P.S. Anyone with eyefinity (3 screen setup) would like to show us a screenshot of this baby in action? :D

Cheers,
Thazandril.

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2010, 04:33 

Just signed up to say thank you so much! :). Definitely fun to play in Full HD 1080p on my new G51Jx Gaming laptop! :).

No idea how the places I play will react though, if it'll pick it up as a hacked version or something, but for LAN play at least it's gonna be fun :D

Thanks again,
Peter

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2010, 08:35 

Are there any commands to run this in a full-sized window?

VMWare, VirtualPC, VirtualBox :)

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2010, 18:12 

Hi there,

Having some trouble trying to make this work. Getting a crash when running the modded executable about DirectDraw.

It comes up saying 'Could not initialize graphics system. Make sure that your video card and driver are compatible with DirectDraw.

The normal program runs fine on my Radeon 4890 and last month's drivers.

Any help would be awesome! Thanks

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2010, 17:14 

I have discovered a bug in the patch (no yours de bill), in the aoe2wide.
When I try to seen a recorded game, I don't have the commands on the left. (Commands who permit to change the player, the scene, or the speed).
Possibility to fix this bug ?

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2010, 10:44 

De bill,

With your program, it's impossible to use alt+tab

explorer.exe is in cause ?

How to switch in another program when we are in game ?

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2010, 10:48 

De bill,

READ!!! As explained above, alt-tab is impossible while using ANY win7 color fix, because explorer.exe is either killed or suspended. Use ctrl-alt-delete to go to the task manager.

PostPosted: 09 Apr 2010, 13:19 

boekabart, oh meeeen ty ty ty ty ty ty, finally someone did it! god job keep going, :arrow: :arrow: great patch

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2010, 19:13 

[quote]De bill,

READ!!! As explained above, alt-tab is impossible while using ANY win7 color fix, because explorer.exe is either killed or suspended. Use ctrl-alt-delete to go to the task manager.
Not really true, if you use Windows Classic (not Aero) then you can just right click your desktop, click resolution and start the game with that window open. That way you can have explorer working + proper colors.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 372 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 38  Next